Want to post a job on our board?
Click the button below to fill out your job posting. After IPTPA reviews your posting it will be added to our job board.
Head Pickleball Pro (Arkansas)
Fort Smith, AR
Fort Smith Athletic Club – Position Title: Head Pickleball Professional
Reports to: Club Manager
Position Overview: The Head Pickleball Professional coordinates all activity of the Pickleball Program as directed by the Club Manager. Ideal candidate will enjoy working with members and their guests while maintaining a professional, courteous, attentive, and friendly demeanor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Facility management and activities including Pro shop operations, customer service, and directing and assisting with routine maintenance of Pickleball courts.
• Plans a range of Pickleball activities designed to promote and encourage Pickleball play, including leagues, mixers, junior programs and other Pickleball events.
• Provides lessons and clinics to interested individuals.
• Maintains merchandise levels within the Pickleball shop; assists with purchase orders and communicating with vendors.
• Ability to train staff to assist with Pickleball related functions.
• Ability to tape courts as needed for events
• Other related duties as may be assigned by FSAC at its discretion from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Methods and techniques of teaching the game of Pickleball.
• Merchandising, marketing and retailing Pickleball equipment.
• Communication and customer service skills.
• Management of Pickleball programs
• Administration skills
• Ability to motivate others
Credentials and Experience:
• High school diploma with bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 4.5 or higher UTPR ranking (or DUPR equivalent) preferred.
• Minimum two years of Pickleball teaching experience required.
• PPR or IPTPA Certified.
• Bilingual preferred.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Insurance benefits and paid time off available for preferred candidates. Immigration assistance available for highly preferred candidates.
Fort Smith Athletic Club
5400 Gary St.
Fort Smith, AR 72903
Pickleball/Tennis Pro (California)
Huntington Beach, CA
City of Huntington Beach, Community and Library Services – Position Title: Pickleball/Tennis Pro
The City of Huntington Beach Community and Library Services Department is seeking proposals from highly qualified individuals or businesses with a solid background in tennis and/or pickleball instruction to provide daily operation of the City of Huntington Beach Tennis and Pickleball Programs. Instructions should include private/semi-private lessons, group lessons, and instructional camps.
City of Huntington Beach
2000 Main Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
Pickleball Professional (Minnesota)
Minnetonka Beach, MN
Lafayette Club – Position Title: Pickleball Professional
Reports to: Director of Racquet Sports
Supervises: No supervisory duties are included with this position.
Job Category: Seasonal. Position runs from mid-May to mid-September, weather permitting.
Job Summary (Essential Functions):
Responsible for the overall operation of the pickleball department, including creating and managing the adult and junior programs, teaching (semi) private lessons and group drills, and coordinate/supervise weekly leagues and mixers and an end of season banquet.
• Grow the game of Pickleball within the Lafayette Club by making every member feel welcomed, and by creating a culture that members look forward to participating in and say, “This is the best part of my week.”
• Understands members join a private club to feel welcomed, have fun and socialize. Is appreciative that members choose to spend their valuable free time on Lafayette’s Pickleball courts.
• Demonstrate and instruct students during pickleball lessons on proper techniques, tactics, and strategies that will improve their pickleball skills and games.
• Coordinate and supervise weekly leagues and mixers.
• Plan end of season banquet.
• Develop safe, welcoming, professional, and comprehensive pickleball lessons and programs that ensure students (adults and juniors) will continue to be involved in our programs.
• Consistently communicate with members, grow engagement of the Club’s pickleball events, and lead with a high level of visibility and availability to members and staff.
• Create exceptional member experiences by ensuring the pickleball facilities and equipment are clean, organized and in good working condition.
• Receive a positive Net Promoter score.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school graduate or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience teaching pickleball and racquet sports.
• 1 year of experience teaching members in a private racquet sports environment.
• Thorough knowledge of the game of pickleball and possess effective teaching styles and techniques.
• Playing ability of 3.0 or higher is required.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations:
• Demonstrated excellent member and customer service skills.
• Possess a welcoming, outgoing, and positive attitude.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Comfortable working with all age groups and capable of building positive relationships with members and team members.
• Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
Licenses and Special Requirements:
• International Pickleball Teaching Professional Association (IPTPA) or International Pickleball Registry (PPR) certification, or is in the process off, or will complete within 6 months of hire.
• CPR and AED certified or will become certified within 30 days of hire.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Required to stand for long periods of time and walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch and twist or reach.
• Required to push, pull, or lift to 50 pounds.
• Continuous repetitive motions.
• Work in hot, humid, and noisy environment.
2800 Northview Road
Minnetonka Beach, MN 55361